How did that last month go by so fast? You are a MAN ON THE MOVE now. This evening I watched as you figured out how to crawl up the stairs. And then you promptly turned around and nearly fell down them... oh, we are in so much trouble. You have mastered crawling, pulling yourself up to standing and so many other things, all in the matter of a week or so. In your spare time you also grew a couple of bottom teeth. You are enamoured of any and all cords and we are constantly saying "no, no" as you make a beeline for the nearest one. For a couple of days when we'd say "no, no" you'd turn around and say "Ba?" and it was just SO CUTE. I never got that on video, unfortunately. Your newest trick is saying "aaaah" while I pat your open mouth so you sound like you are playing cowboys and indians. It is adorable, since normally you have this big baby voice, but when I ask you to say "ahh" you have this quiet, timid voice. I love it.

I recently discovered the cartoon "Pingu" and today we were watching it right before you went for your nap. The story was about Pingu who was playing with his friend but was supposed to be watching his little sister and he lost her. So the story was silly, then a little sad, then silly again. I sat and watched in amazement while you laughed, frowned and then laughed at all the right parts. It might have been a coincidence but it was so fun to watch.
Your Da knows that even before we had you I couldn't wait to take our baby to a pumpkin patch and take pictures. I was really, really looking forward to this. So we went to the Botanic Gardens at Chatfield to do pumpkin patch pictures and first of all, the pumpkin patch was picked over and essentially gone. Then, when we did find a couple of pumpkins and hay bales where we could take some pictures and all you did was stare at the grass and/or straw. So we got about 10000 pictures of the top of your blonde head.

And, by the way, what's with the blonde-ness? You are a blondie all the way. It's got to come from my side of the family since my grandma and Uncle Barry were blondies. Your hair is also getting long enough that you have bedhead in the morning and I just love that. Your eyes... well, they are a bit blue, and a bit green and a bit brown so I guess the jury is still out on that.
You are finally bringing in a paycheck to earn your keep. One of the bloggers I read asked for cute baby videos and I submitted one of yours thinking she'd get a ton of videos and ours would get lost in the shuffle. Well, ours got picked for a major company's internal sales presentation and you earned a whole 25 bucks! Nice job, Gray. Your Da said that your earning potential is already better than the dogs' is, so keep up the good work!
We love you so much, it's sad to me that you will never, ever come close to comprehending what a monumental difference you have made in our lives.
Love,
Mama
1 comment:
Hey - you know, he might come close to comprehending it, if/when he becomes a parent himself. ;) Love the pictures. And way to spell "Bale" correctly. I totally messed that up.
Post a Comment