It's been quite a weekend.
It started out rather lovely: Terri and I went to Pei Wei for dinner and then saw He's Just Not That Into You. Loved it and had a great night visiting with her.
But then...we ended up in the ER last night for croup and poor Gray has been a miserable mess. When we woke up on Saturday Phil listened to him breathing and immediately said, "He has croup." Over the course of the day he got progressively worse and by evening we were wondering if we should just go to the ER and get it over with or suffer through the night. We piled in the car thinking we wanted to avoid a 2 AM ER run and even on the way over there we turned back once, doubting ourselves. When we got there they took him right back and told us that we did the right thing by bringing him in. So he got a breathing treatment and some steroids and three hours later we were back home. I think we both slept better knowing that the steroid was working it's magic overnight. Today my Graybaby is still sick but at least his cough is less barky and more phlegmy (mmm!). He took a 4+ hour nap today but is eating and drinking well. My back is KILLING me since I have been holding a 25 lb baby for the past 10 hours. He was NOT interested in Phil holding him at all and in fact if I was within reach he would throw himself towards me and grab onto me with all his might. Poor guy. We are not sure if he'll make it to daycare tomorrow and if I had to place bets I would say no. Aaah, daycare, you evil bitch.
In other news, I think I am probably getting sick myself, even though I am washing my hands so much they are practically falling off and I am pounding vitamin C by the truckload.
I did make a rather exciting purchase yesterday: my new boyfriend, BOB. The stroller, that is. I love him a whole lot and I think we will be spending many wonderful hours together. REI was having a 20% off sale so I practically stole BOB from them! When I got home the first thing I said to Phil was "I can finally stop THINKING ABOUT F-ING STROLLERS." Phew. Seriously, it was taking up a lot of my time. Bugaboo or BOB? Bugaboo or BOB? Rinse and repeat 5,000 times.
The other thing I can stop thinking (obsessing?) about is the agenda for England. I have booked the car and three nights' accomodation (with hotel points, yay!) and the other nights we are either staying with friends or seeing where we land. I am getting excited and have I mentioned? I am going to England in SIX WEEKS. I wonder if I can lose 30 lbs by then. No?
Today was free day at the mall. Well, not totally free, but I had two returns to make and at both places I ended up buying a bunch of stuff but not spending a dime over what the return cost. Go, me.
Off to bed now, and I swear (really!) that I am going to get up early and get on that darn treadmill!
1 comment:
Oh, I'm so sorry about the trip to the ER. I hope Gray is ok and that you aren't coming down with something yucky. We've all been sick here too. Ugh! Congrats on the BOB. Let me know how you like it.
Post a Comment