Hi kiddo,
Well, we made it! You are a big brother, and I think you are doing a pretty good job of it. Eli has been with us now for a little over a week and you are handling big-brotherdom pretty well. You were definitely a little suspicious at first, but you are warming up to him a bit. Yesterday we were in the car after I picked you up from school and when Eli sneezed you said "bless you!" which made me laugh. When I was getting you in the car a few minutes before you asked "Eli? Where's?" so I know he's on your mind.
You have been doted on for the past two weeks by your grandparents, and you have loved every minute of it. You would walk around saying, "Hey, Grandma! Doin'?" Which translates to "What are you doing?" You are always telling me, "Be right back" and asking, "Doin'?" You are easily speaking in three to four word sentences and some of the things you say are hilarious. I know I sound like a broken record, but we are always surprised by the things you know. You are totally into singing right now, and aside from the ABC song your big favorites are Jingle Bells and Weenie Man. I remember my mom asking me to sing for her when I was little and being half annoyed by the request, wondering why does she want to hear me sing? But now I get it- I am always asking you to sing for me. I will never tire of it.
Thanksgiving was spent at our house with both sets of grandparents. You didn't eat any of the dinner, and instead spent the meal crawling underneath the table, much to my mortification. I never thought I would allow a child to do such a thing... but it kept you quiet and I was ginormously pregnant, so it just had to be that way, I guess. We also put up the Christmas tree this week and you think that is pretty fabulous. You hover around it touching the lights and ornaments- you know not to take them off the tree but sometimes the temptation is too great and I'll find you sitting on the floor, cradling one in your hands.
You are starting to express what you want at mealtimes and more often than not it is "fruit snacks?" or "waffles?" I think those fruit snacks are laced with something illegal, since you cannot get enough of them. Speaking of addictions, Wall-E and Nemo are making me NUTS. Can you pick a new movie to love, please?
It is so fun to watch you learning new skills. Lately this includes: walking backwards, crossing your fingers (you'll say, "Look, Mama!" when you do this- it is so cute!), putting your hands in your pockets and taking off your shirt. You are SO PROUD when you manage to do any of these things.
We went to the zoo the day before Eli was born and you were less interested in the animals than you were run-run-running all over the place. You fell flat on your face no less than four times and I felt lucky to get you home without a broken nose. It was there that it struck me that you are not a baby any longer. You have turned into this boy all of a sudden, and what a cute one you are! I am a weepy mess these days, and I know that is confusing for you. But a lot of the weepiness comes from the fact that I love you SO much and I look at you and think "You were first. I learned how to love a child with you first." Lucky, lucky me.
Love,
Mama
1 comment:
Awww! This is very sweet.
By the way, what's the "Weenie Man" song?
Post a Comment