Heavens, it's been busy around these parts lately. Which lends itself nicely to a list-like blog post, since lately I excel at making lists of things I need to shop for, accomplish, cook, etc.
- I made a ton of cookies and candy this year and just when I thought I was done, I had a bit of survivor-style anxiety that I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH! and made more this morning. Am I out of my f-ing mind? I made: candy cane cookies, soda cracker candy, Dove candy pretzels, milk and white chocolate dipped pretzels with crushed candy canes on them, three layer cookies, Mexican wedding cakes, oreo truffles, cut out cookies, truffle cookies... and... I think that's it. This morning I made spritz cookies and another batch of soda cracker candy since I eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And snacks.
- Last week was consumed with getting Christmas shopping done and packages out the door. Once that final post office run was completed I felt a huge sense of accomplishment, although I still need to buy a couple of presents for my MIL and husband. Speaking of which, I need to make another list so I know what I've gotten him and what I still need to get. Lists, lists, lists!
- Life with baby #2 is going well enough. I am looking forward to January when hopefully my to-do lists will be a bit shorter and I'll have time to laze around and read with a baby propped up on my chest. Sleep-wise I guess we are doing okay, although I hit a wall on Friday night and totally lost my shit. Phil stepped up to the plate though, and took the baby downstairs from 12-4 AM and then when Gray woke up at 6 AM he took him downstairs for a couple of hours to watch movies so I slept in a bit. It was WONDERFUL. Of course the accompanying guilt about Phil being exhausted the next day was not so wonderful, but still.
- Thursday is the beginning of a Very Long Stretch of daycare being closed. It makes my stomach sick to think that I'll be the sole childcare provider for a Very Long Time but I am resolved to take it one day at a time and try not to freak out too much. It's funny/ironic that I was the babysitter/camp counselor/pediatric health care worker who now dreads the thought of staying home with her own children. I could never, ever be a stay at home mom. Unless my kids were in daycare all day.
- Gray hits new levels of hilarity with the things he comes up with lately. Some of them are not fit to be shared, unfortunately, due to the embarrassing nature of the content. Since I refuse to write them down I do hope that I can remember them as the years go by. This morning he asked me for "breakfast in bed" and last night he kept telling me "look at me!" We also had a conversation that went like this:
Gray (yawns): "Tired."
Mom: "Are you tired?"
Gray: "Yeah."
Mom: "Me too."
He's a total weirdo. He is getting more comfortable with Eli and will pat him on the head (too hard, of course) occasionally. Mostly his life revolves around harrassing the dogs, complaining about things I won't let him do (going downstairs by himself, eating more fruit snacks) or wanting to watch Wall-E for the millionth time. He orders the dogs around (we'll hear him yelling from another room, "Archie COME!") and of course they don't pay any attention to him whatsoever. He loves to sit on Charlie and sometimes we'll find him laying on the ground with his head on Arch's butt. He calls Archie "Rat terrier!" and the other day looked out the window and said "Charlie! No poop!" which we found hilarious (Charlie has a bad habit of snacking on backyard leftovers).
- I probably should go shower and cross something else off of one of my lists. More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment